How to Mask Your CallerID with a Virtual Phone Number
Sometimes you want to call someone, but keep your number hidden.
You probably know about the *67 code, which blocks your Caller ID when dialed before the number you’re calling. But what you might not know is that sometimes *67 doesn’t work, and it will never work if you’re calling a Toll Free number.
This is where a Virtual Number from Tossable Digits can help!
Our Virtual Phone Numbers have the ability to mask your CallerID and hide your real phone number with a few easy steps.
Why Mask CallerID?
Before we tell you how to hide your CallerID, let’s address why you’d ever need to hide your CallerID. Here are a few situations where masked Caller ID would be beneficial:
- If you have to call work customers or clients from your personal mobile phone, you might not want them to know your Real phone number. Using a Virtual number, you can call them without having to worry.
- When you post something on Craigslist or eBay, and want people call you, but are uncomfortable posting your Real phone number. Get a Virtual number. You can receive calls as well as return calls, hiding your CallerID with your Virtual phone number.
- Teachers will need to call parents throughout the school year, but they may not want to give out their personal mobile number. By using a Virtual Number to hide their CallerID, their personal mobile stays private.
How to Hide your CallerID
With Tossable Digits, once you get a Virtual Phone Number from us, you can not only use that phone number to make calls, you can also have the Virtual Number show up on CallerID when you dial out.
All it takes is 5 simple steps:
- Log into your account and click on Outdial
- Enter your Real Number — We’ll call you there
- Select the Virtual Number to show as CallerID (You can have 1 or 100 different Virtual numbers to choose from, depending on your needs.)
- Enter the phone number that you want to call.
- Click “Call Me.”
We’ll call you, and when you answer, we’ll call the other person and connect the call. This will ensure your real CallerID never gets through, and that the Virtual number shows up as CallerID instead.
How do you use CallerID Masking?
We’d love to hear stories about how you use CallerID Masking to solve a problem or maintain privacy in your personal or professional life. Let us know!